Monday, May 13, 2013

Challenge accepted

Summer has started and I've accepted the challenge of making sure my kids have a fun and eventful summer filled with lots of experiences. There are approximately 13 weeks until school starts which is 91 days. I'm taking out 8 days that my son will be with his paternal grandparents attending summer camp. I'm going for 90% of the days doing something with the kids, mainly my 5 year old son. The 8 month baby girl is happy rolling around in her walker! 

75 days is going to be tough and I know I'll repeat things but here is a preliminary list I have compiled to get things going. 

(By the way I have already started so I'm playing catch up)

Summer list:

❏ Atlanta zoo
❏ Bake silly cookies
❏ Beach
❏ Bowling
❏ Braves game
❏ Build a huge sandcastle
❏ Camp in the backyard with daddy
❏ Chick fil a dress like a cow day
❏ Children's museum savannah
❏ Chuck e cheese
❏ Coke museum
❏ Collect seashells
❏ Cook hotdogs and roast marshmallows over fire
❏ Family game night
❏ Family movie night
❏ Feed ducks at a pond
❏ Fernbank
❏ Fireworks
❏ Fishing
❏ Fly kites
❏ Forsyth park
❏ Go to the lakehouse
❏ Go to the movies
❏ Hike ksaw mtn
❏ Homemade bubbles
❏ Ice skating
❏ Indoor pool
❏ Inside fort
❏ Inside picnic
❏ Jacksonville zoo
❏ Jumping jax
❏ Library day
❏ Make bracelets
❏ Make ice cream
❏ Make Popsicle
❏ Make slushies
❏ Monkey joes
❏ Outdoor concert
❏ Paint rocks
❏ Park at px
❏ Petting zoo
❏ Picnic in the park
❏ Pool on post
❏ Put put golf
❏ Read books outside
❏ River street
❏ Roller skating
❏ Sidewalk chalk
❏ Six flags
❏ Splash park
❏ Sprinklers
❏ Stone mtn
❏ Visit cousins in Jacksonville
❏ Water balloon fight
❏ White water

Wish me luck!




3 comments:

  1. I think you are a great mom and doing a wonderful job. Good luck on your list and when your in Atl. Bubbie likes to do some of things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many things can only be done in Atlanta, so of course bubbie can join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! love this picture!

    ReplyDelete